Seeking Junior Data Scientist/Developer
Essential Job Duties
- Apply principles of data science to analyze complex oil and gas data sets to enhance production
- Analyse data to identify trends and support the development of operations-related analyses
- Work with a variety of software platforms to build and apply mathematical and statistical models that address multi-dimensional issues
- Work across the entire development life cycle from requirements gathering, process and systems analysis and definition, and development of business and systems architecture
- Demonstrate the scientific qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, logic, and significance.
- Development of JS visualizations
- Possession of strong oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related analytical field of study
- Some industrial/academic experience with applying machine/statistical learning, computational intelligence, artificial intelligence, and optimization techniques to large, complex, and disparate data sources.
- Highly experienced with R for analysis of data
- Strong capability with web development including front-end JS visualization frameworks
- Practical familiarity with Python
- Proven command of SQL and ability to pull data from relational databases and other sources
- Ability to summarize/present analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, able to prioritize appropriately and respond to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related analytical field of study
- Graduate research in ML, Artificial Intelligence, Multivariate Statistics
- Familiarity with C# and software engineering practices
- No prior experience in oil and gas industry is required but would be preferred
- Experience with other BI tools is a plus
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.]]>